Venue in Gubbio
Dating back to the Middle Ages, when it was the Municipality of Gubbio’s main defense hub against the city of Perugia, the castle is set in around 500 hectares of uncontaminated countryside dotted with woods, lawns and waterways. In 1830 the castle became the property of the current owners, the family of Princess Giulia Bonaparte, descended from Napoleon.
The property is situated in the center of a park, which features an outdoor swimming pool with small changing room and shower, a boules ground, rose garden, centuries-old trees and Mediterranean shrubs, as well as lots of pathways along which guests can stroll and enjoy the silence of their surroundings.
The castle has retained its defensive character from the outside, but four years of intensive renovation have turned the interior into an extremely welcoming and comfortable house for 14 to 35 guests. The castle is surrounded by a park with century old trees, large lawns and beautiful pool which looks out over the hilly estate. The estate is signposted with beautiful walks and in the appropriate season you can even go truffle hunting with local experts.
The accommodations are split into two buildings – the main castle, which sleeps 14, and the guest house, which stands to the side of the castle and connects to the castle through a corridor, which sleeps another 16. Five additional beds can be added bringing the maximum capacity up to 35 people. The most exciting rooms are of course up in the watchtower. The ground-floor kitchen is modern and functional, a professional stainless steel kitchen. It opens up onto the courtyard and the back of the castle, both equipped for outdoor meals.