Chiesa di Santa Maria dei Miracoli

Santa Maria dei Miracoli is a church in the Sestiere of Cannaregio, the residential area of Venice. Also known as the “marble church”, it is one of the best examples of the early Venetian Renaissance including colored marble, a false colonnade on the exterior walls (pilasters), and a semicircular pediment. Built between 1481 and 1489 by Pietro Lombardo to house a miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary.

 

Chiesa dei Miracoli