Sala dei Notari, part of Palazzo dei priori, formerly was the Town Council Hall. It was allocated to the notaries guild in 1582 when their former headquarters, the Palazzetto dei Notari, opposite Palazzo dei Priori in Corso Vannucci, had had to be partially demolished to enlarge the left side of Via Calderini. Punctuated by eight huge arches, the hall is completely covered by frescoes (late 1200) depicting biblical and allegorical scenes, as well as the coat of arms of the city’s various podestà up until 1499. The coat of arms in the centre of the main belongs to Braccio Fortebraccio da Montone. Since they were in a poor state of repair, the frescoes were partially repainted in 1860. A smaller door on top of the stairs leads to the current Council Hall. Edicts were announced to the city from this spall protruding pulpit.