Chiesa Santa Maria Maddalena

Church Atrani

The church of Santa Maria Maddalena was built during the XIII century by the Atrani people to thank the “Virgin Mary”, who liberated them from the Saraceni invaders. In this church we can see two bronze gates, twins of those in the cathedral of Amalfi, and made in 1087 for the Atrani trader Pantaleone Viaretta. The church consists of a single rectangular room covered by a barrel vault, lit by two windows from the Baroque period. In the sacristy of the church there is a cinerary urn of white marble.