Traditions in weddings are common in every culture. Here below Ten fun fact you should know:
1. Tuck a sugar cube into your glove — according to Greek culture, the sugar will sweeten your union.
2. Rain on your wedding day is actually considered good luck, according to Hindu tradition.
3. In English tradition, Wednesday is considered the “best day” to marry, although Monday is for wealth and Tuesday is for health. Indeed, Saturday is hold to be true the unluckiest wedding day.
4. The groom carries the bride across the threshold to bravely protect her from evil spirits lurking below.
5. The English believe a spider found in a wedding dress means good luck.
6. Ancient Romans studied pig entrails to determine the luckiest time to marry.
7. For good luck, Egyptian women pinch the bride on her wedding day.
8. Middle Eastern brides paint henna on their hands and feet to protect themselves from the evil eye.
9. Peas are thrown at Czech newlyweds instead of rice.
10. A Swedish bride puts a silver coin from her father and a gold coin from her mother in each shoe to ensure that she’ll never do without.